Trading virtual or physical goods and using electronic or paper documents poses severalrisks and challenges. They are susceptibleto tampering, product counterfeiting, unauthorized trading, unauthorized access or illegal file sharing.
To protect these, Fraunhofer SIT provides various customized solutions that make it possible to check authenticity, detect manipulation, prove authorship and, if necessary, trace illegal distribution channels or brand and product piracy. Our solutions are resource-saving and can be used on mobile devices if necessary.
Our topics and competences
- Document security to protect authenticity and integrity
- Digital watermarking for audio, documents, images, videos, e-books, 3D models
- Manipulation detection for multimedia data
- Detection of illegal trade in ancient cultural property
- Product protection for packaging
- Secure data transmission for SmartDevices e.g. via barcode, images, audio
- Innovative value-added services
- Standardization at DIN and ISO
- Contract research for industry and public authorities
- Publicly funded research projects
- Optionally in cooperation with partners from industry and authorities
- Licensing of our security software
- Digital watermarks JAB Code - colored barcode DocSeal - Document security Authenticity verification such as deepfake detection in videos, "copy and paste" detection in digital photos
- Continuing education courses
- Authentication of multimedia data
- Multimedia Forensics
Fraunhofer SIT seeks scientific staff, partly also for management positions
You will be responsible for planning, leading, executing and representing applied R&D projects, jointly with clients and partners from industry, government agencies and academia.