Scientist in Cybersecurity (Senior)
Digitization is posing major challenges to society, businesses and policy makers. To successfully design and shape such digitization, science has to address many questions regarding cybersecurity and the protection of privacy, questions that are relevant for day-to-day practice. Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft will be establishing a national research center for applied cybersecurity in Darmstadt, Germany, with the involvement of the Darmstadt Universities. The Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology (SIT) will habe a major role in establishing this center.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology (SIT) is one of the leading research institutes in cybersecurity. We develop innovative cybersecurity solutions, frequently in close cooperation with the most eminent scientists from universities in Germany or worldwide, and with partners from industry, businesses and government agencies as well. Today Fraunhofer SIT researchers are developing the cybersecurity and privacy protection solutions that will tomorrow benefit citizens, businesses and agencies.
Fraunhofer SIT is looking for dedicated and outstanding scientists in the fields of cybersecurity and privacy protection that are interested in tackling such challenges and contributing to develop viable solutions. We have a number of functional and disciplinary leadership positions available in research and development projects. We are seeking highly motivated people interested in furthering their career in these areas.
What we expect from you
- PhD in Computer Science or another field relating to cybersecurity, in exceptional cases a MSc may suffice
- A passion for research, development and functional and disciplinary leadership
- Knowledge, experience and networking in the cybersecurity field
- Experience in the management of research projects is desireable but not absolutely required
What you can expect from us
- Good reputation as a representative from one of the leading R&D institutes in cybersecurity
- International research environment
- Opportunity for cooperations in international cutting-edge research projects
- Expert workshops, participation in conferences and networking events
- Systematic career planning
- Attractive remuneration options
- State-of-the-art workplace and collegial work environment
- Qualification options for furthering the career in science and industry
- Develop personal network further
- Support for balancing work and family, e.g. home office, flexible work hours, part time
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). Additionally Fraunhofer may grant performance-based variable remuneration components.
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. According to the 2018 „Randstad Employer Brand Research Global Report“ Fraunhofer is one of the most attractive employers. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If you have questions regarding these positions please contact
Dr. Markus Schneider
Vice Director at Fraunhofer SIT
Tel. +49 6151 869 337.
If you want to find out, how we process your personal data, please read our privacy information for applicants .