Senior Research Positions in Cybersecurity, Privacy and Cryptography
ATHENE is one of Europe’s leading research centers for cybersecurity, privacy and cryptography. We strive for academic leadership through cutting-edge research as well as for strong and lasting impact on society, economy and the state.
The new research positions will be affiliated with Fraunhofer SIT, the Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology. Fraunhofer SIT is one of the four research organizations that conduct collaborative research and operate joint research infrastructures within ATHENE. The other participants in ATHENE are the Technical University of Darmstadt, the Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics IGD, and the University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt.
ATHENE is looking for outstanding researchers who want to contribute to ATHENE’s scientific program by conducting excellent applied research at the Fraunhofer SIT. Depending on qualification and experience, candidates may join existing research groups or may receive the opportunity to start a new research group. Groups typically comprise 5 to 10 researchers. The new positions initially have a limited term but offer a tenure track. Members of ATHENE are offered an opportunity to contribute to the academic teaching program of TU Darmstadt.
What we expect from you
- Deep and proven knowledge in cybersecurity, privacy or cryptography
- Excellent doctorate/PhD in a related field, e.g., Informatics/Computer Science
- Outstanding publication record
- Ability to create a world-class research agenda and lead a team of researchers to work on it. Proven leadership skills and experience in research management are desirable but not prerequisites.
What you can expect from us
- Join a world-class research organization and become part of our leadership team
- Collegial, international, English-speaking research environment
- Modern, well-equipped workplace and laboratories, with the opportunity to create your own research infrastructure if needed
- High degree of independence and self-responsibility, systematic career planning
- Support for work life balance, e.g., home office and flexible working hours
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer Society is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. According to the ”2020 Randstad Employer Brand Research Report”, Fraunhofer is one of the most attractive employers in Germany, and the most attractive in the IT and communications sector.
Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
For additional questions regarding these positions, please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Waidner, Director of ATHENE, at director[at]athene-center.de.
Please send your application (scientific CV, list of publications, at least 3 references, references to at least 3 recent publications) with reference to the job-ID-number SIT-2020-12 to application[at]athene-center.de oder
If you want to find out, how we process your personal data, please read our privacy information for applicants .