Researcher in the field of Software Analysis
Fraunhofer SIT is one of the leading research institutions for IT security in Germany and Europe. The focus is on applied research and the development of innovative solutions for real security and data protection issues. Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft will be establishing a national research center for applied cybersecurity in Darmstadt, Germany, with the involvement of the Darmstadt Universities. The Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology (SIT) will have a major role in establishing this center.
When you examine software, you look at it in the context of data and control flow graphs, register assignments, instructions, symbols, syntax trees, slicing, or program dependency graphs. You find techniques for software analysis, for example symbolic execution using the angr framework, exciting.
To expand the Testlab Mobile Security department, we are looking for motivated employees with sound knowledge in the field of IT security. The tasks include deep static software analysis using newly developed tools, for example for native iOS Apps. The aim is to detect errors and anomalies in the examined software as well as to evaluate software quality characteristics. The focus of the work lies in the application and transformation of analysis approaches to the target platforms and their practical implementation. To this end, we need the support of motivated employees who want to contribute their own ideas and research new methods with us.
What we expect from you
- Passion for IT security
- Sound knowledge or experience in the field of mobile security or classic IT security
- Knowledge or experience in static software analysis
- Practical application experience with disassemblers and debuggers
- Knowledge in the field of processor architectures, software development, compiler construction, machine languages or assembly
- Programming experience in multiple languages
- Good knowledge of German and English (written and spoken)
- University studies in computer science, mathematics or a related field of study
What you can expect from us
- International research environment
- Systematic career planning
- Possibility to pursue a PhD and further the scientific development
- Options for various career qualifications in science and industry
- State-of-the-art workplace and collegial work atmosphere
- Possibility to compatibility of work and family life
- Support for balancing work and family, e.g. teleworking, flexible work hours
- Develop personal network further
- Working location is Darmstadt
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). Additionally Fraunhofer may grant performance-based variable remuneration components.
The weekly working time is 39 hours.
The positions is initially limited for 2 years.
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. According to the 2018 „Randstad Employer Brand Research Global Report“ Fraunhofer is one of the most attractive employers. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
For additional questions regarding this position, please contact
Dr. Jens Heider
Tel: +49 6151 869-233
If you want to find out, how we process your personal data, please read our privacy information for applicants .